1. Abdullah, S.A.H., Radhi, A.G., AbdulJabbar, R.A., Al-Lami, A.A and Nashaat, M.R., 2006. Environmental effects of Lower Zab Tributary on benthic invertebrates Species diversity in Tigris River. IBN AL-Haitham. Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, 19(2), 17-28.
2. Abdul-Razak, A., Asiedu, A.B., Entsua-Mensah, R.E.M. and de-GraftJohnson, K.A.A., 2010. Assessment of water quality of the Oti river in Ghana. West African Journal of Applied Ecology, 15, 33-44
3. Alam, M.J.B., Islam, M.R., Muyen, Z., Mamun, M. and Islam, S., 2007. Water quality parameters along rivers. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 4(1),159-167.
4. Al-Haidari, M.J.S., 2003. Some of the environmental effects of industrial wastewater of Euphrates General Chemical Industries Company- Sadat Al-Hindiya. MSc. Thesis. College of Science, University of Babylon.
5. Al-Heety, E.A.M., Turki, A.M. and Al-othman, E.M.A., 2011. Assessment of the Water quality index of Euphrates River between Heet and Ramadi, cities, Iraq. International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 11(6),38-43.
6. Al-Janabi Z.Z., Al-Kubaisi A.R., Al-Obaidy A.H.M.J, 2012, Assessment of Water Quality of Tigris River by using Water Quality Index (CCME WQI) ,Journal of Al-Nahrain University ,15 (1),119-126.
7. Al-Lami, A.A., Jaweir, H.J. and Nashaat, M.R., 1998. Benthic invertebrates community of the river Euphrates upstream and downstream sector of Al-Qadisia dam, Iraq. Reg. Riv., 14(4), 383-390.
8. Al-Lami, A.A., Nashaat, M.R. and Radhi, A.G., 2002a. Zoo-Benthos Diversity in Habbaniya lake– Iraq. Iraqi Journal of Biotechnology, 2(2), 316- 324. (In Arabic).
9. Al-Lami, A.A., Muften, F.S. and Nashaat, M.R., 2002b. Benthic Invertebrates in Tharthar Arm and Tigris River. Ibn Al-Haitham Journal for Pure and Applied Sciences, 14(3), 87–98. (in Arabic).
10. Al-Lami, A.A, Nashaat, M.R. and Radhi, A.G., 2006. Ecology and Macro Benthic Invertebrates at Abu-Graib Drainage Canal. Iraqi Journal of Science and Technology (IJST), 3(1), 71-79.
11. Al-Mashhadani, H.A.A.F., 2012. An ecological study of the community of some zooplankton in the Tigris River at the city of Baghdad. PhD Thesis. College of Science, University of Baghdad.
12. Al-Saadi, H.A., 2006. The Aquatic Environment. Al Yazouri Scientific Publishing and Distribution House, Amman, Jordan: 307 P.
13. AL-Zamili, H.F., 2007. Monthly variations of some environmental factors of AL-Gharraf River. Journal of Dhi Qar University, 3(3), 17-23.
14. Baird, R.B., Eaton, A.D. and Rice, E.W., 2017. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater (23rded). American Public Health Association. Washington, DC.: 1796 P.
15. Bordalo, A.A., Teixeira, R. and Wiebe, W.J., 2006. A Water Quality Index Applied to an International Shared River Basin: The Case of the Douro River. Environ. Manage., 38, 910-920.
16. Boyd, C.E., 2000. Water Quality and Introduction.Kluwer. Acadamic Publishers, Boston, USA, 330 P.
17. Brands, H.J. and Tripke, E., 1982 Water Manual. Vulkan-Verlag, Essem,:320 P.
18. CCME, Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment, 2007. Canadian Water Quality Guidelines for the Protection of Aquatic. Excerpt from publication No. 1299, 9 P.
19. EPA, 2012, Dissolved Oxygen and Biochemical Oxygen Demand: In Water Monitoring and Assessment, 2012, Retrieved from: http://water.epa.gov/type/rsl/monitoring/vms52.cfm
20. Forsyth, R.G., 1999. Terrestrial Gastropods of the Columbia Basin, British Columbia. living landscapes. Royal British Columbia Museum, 133 P.
21. GBIF Secretariat, 2021. GBIF Backbone Taxonomy. Checklist dataset https: ⁄⁄ doi. Org ⁄ 10.15468 ⁄ 39omei accessed via GBIF org on 2021-09-12.
22. Jamil, K., 2001. Bioindicator and Biomarker of Environmental pollution and Risk Assessment. Science Publisher, Inc. Enfied (NH), USA Printed in India.
23. Kassim, T.I., Jaweir, H.J., Muften, F.S., AL-Maliky S.K. and Nashaat, M.R., 1997. Benthic fauna in Tigris River, Iraq. Journal of the College of Education for Women, University of Baghdad, 8(2), 167-170.
24. Martel, A.L., Lauriault, J. and Madill, J., 2011. Mollusca (Bivalves and Gastropods) as part of a biodiversity inventory of the Frenchman River, Southwest Sakatchewan. Canadian Museum of Nature, life Science.
25. McComb, C., Varshney, N.I. and Lukowaik, K., 2005. Juvenile Lymnaea ventilate, Learn and Remember Differently than do Adult Lymnaea. The Journal of Experimental Biology, 208, 1459-1467.
26. Mirza, N.N.A. and Nashaat, M.R., 2019. Abundance, Diversity and Distribution of Mollusca in the Gharaf River, Southern Iraq. Iraqi Journal of Science, 60(3), 469-485. DOI: 10.24996/ijs.2019.60.3.7
27. Moyle, M.S., 2010. Assessment of the water quality of the northern part of the Shatt Al-Arab using the Water Quality Index (Canadian model). MSc. Thesis. College of Science, University of Basra.
28. Mustafa, M.H., 2002. Wadi Al-Murr is a natural drain for the North Island irrigation project in Iraq. Journal of Environmental Research and Sustainable Development, 5, 1, 37-67.
29. Nashaat, M.R., Al-Lami, A.A. and Jaweir, H.J., 2000. Benthic fauna of Qadisia lake, north- west Iraq. J. Diala, 8(1), 74-83
30. Nashaat, M.R., Radhi, A.G., Al-Lami, A.A., 2006. Bio–diversity of benthic invertebrates community in Al-Yosifea Drang Canal – Iraq. 3ed Scientific Conference of the College of Science, University of Baghdad, for the period from 24-26 / March / 2009, 1189-1198.
31. Nashaat, M.R., 2010. Impact of Al–Durah Power Plant Effluents on Physical, Chemical and Invertebrates Biodiversity in Tigris River, Southern Baghdad. Ph.D. Thesis, Coll. Sci., University of Baghdad, Iraq: 183 P.
32. Odjadjare, E.E.O. and Okoh, A.I., 2010. Physicochemical quality of an urban municipal wastewater effluent and its impact on the receiving environment. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 170, 383-394.
33. Prince, S.G., Salom, G.Th.V. and Krishnakumar, S., 2022. Ecology and Biodiversity of Benthos, Elsevier Inc.
34. Radhi, A.G., AL-Lami, A.A. and Nashaat, M.R., 2004. Ecology and diversity of Benthic invertebrate at AL-Radwania Draingg Canal. Basrah Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 17(2), 255-264. (In Arabic).
35. Radi, A.G., Al-Lami, A.A. and Nashaat, M.R., 2006. Spatial and temporal changes of the benthic invertebrates composition in the North part of the Main drainage channel. Marina Mesopotamica, 21(1), 113-129.
36. Ramadan, S.E., Fishar, M.R., Hassan, S.H., Ebeid, A.A. and Gawad, S.S.A., 2002. Benthic community in the River Nile, Egypt III- Meiofauna at Helwan region. Egyptian Journal of Aquatic Biology and Fisheries, 6(1), 95- 113.
37. Rhadi, M.M., Nashaat , M.R. and Dauod, H.A., 2017. Assessment of the wastewater effect on Presence and the density of the Tigris River benthic fauna by using biodiversity index in AL-Kut City. Journal of University of Kerbala, 16(1), 127-136.
38. Rogers, D.C. and Thorp, J.H., 2019. Phylum Mollusca, pp189-221. In: Rogers, D. C. and Thorp, J. H.(Ed). Keys to Palaearctic Fauna, Thorp and Covich’s Freshwater Invertebrates (4th edition), vol.4. Kansas Biological Survey and The Biodiversity Institute, USA.
39. Salim, B.J., Bidhendi, G.N., Salemi, A., Taheryioun, M. and Ardestani, M., 2009. Water quality assessment of Gheshlagh River using water quality indices. Environmental Sciences, 6(4), 19-28.
40. Sarhan, A.A.T., 2002. The scarcity of water resources and their implications for water quality and pollution. Al-Qadisiyah Journal, 7(4), 33-147.
41. Sarwar, M.I., Majumderb, A.K and Islam, M.N., 2010. Water Quality Parameters: A Case Study of Karnafully River, Chittagong, Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, 45(2),177-181.
42. Smith, R., 2004. Current Methods in Aquatic Science. University of Waterloo, Canada. 20P.
43. Spellman, F.R., 2015. The Science of Water Concepts and Applications (3rded). CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group. London.: 528P.
44. Stern, E.M., 1990. An illustrated key to the freshwater mussels (Bivalvia: :union:acea) of Wisconsin. Reports of the Museum of Natural History University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point,75P.
45. Thorp, J.H. and Rogers, D.C., 2011. Phylum Mollusca. pp: 189-221. In: Thorp, James H. and Rogers, D. Christopher,(1st Ed.). Field Guide to Freshwater Invertebrates of North America. Elsevier, USA.